Over the next two weekends, and the week in between, there will be good progress up at the ranch!
I am headed up in a couple hours and the plan is to:
- Mark where the drive goes to the building site at the top (this will be the "road" called "Where")
- Mark the cabin site at the top.
- Stairs into the shed.
- Finish siding the shed
- Put sheathing on the gable ends of the shed
- Put the window in the one end
- Put siding on the gable ends of the shed.
- Knock off the old rotten OSB that is on the roof currently
Stretch goals are:
- Begin or complete the T&G on the roof of the shed
- Roofing paper on the roof of the shed.
Yeah, that's a LOT of work to get done. Of course, having marked where the road goes, and the cabin, then the excavator guy can come and actually do that work! I may have to cut some trees down where the road is going to go, but I have the chain saw with me.
In fact, if I simply get the road in, the hole dug, and the siding on, I'll be pleased with the progress. But if I don't set the bar high enough, I'll get lazy and not even make it that far!
Of course, this means that I will be working from up there. I don't know what I am going to do about showering. I don't have my black shower/washer canister yet, so I may have to actually build/buy another one. Sigh.
Then, on the weekend after all that, I will need to rent a uHaul and go get all my "Stuff" - at least that's the plan for now - we'll see if I can arrange help.